5. Release Notes
Following are the release notes for current and past versions of PEMDAS Touch:
October 8, 2014
- Updated to support the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
August 20, 2014
- Fixed a bug where typing didn't always clear the equation text field after a calculation
May 19, 2014
- Updated to be iOS 7 only
- Made internal improvements.
September 18, 2013
- Updated the keypad interface to be brighter and more consistent with iOS 7.
- Added a "Keyboard" tab within the Keypad interface, which gives you quick access to the keyboard.
- Updated the equation text field, so it works better and you can now also use the loupe.
- Updated the icon to be consistent with iOS7.
June 20, 2013
- Added support for copy/paste in the formula and the result (double tap to bring up the menu).
- Updated the look of the Keypad tab.
February 22, 2013
- Fixed a bug where rotating your device without the orientation lock turned on would cause the Keypad buttons to move out of place.
February 12, 2013
- Added support for the iPhone 5 screen resolution.
- Added a brand new application icon.
- Fixed a bug where the keypad wouldn't work right if you were on a phone call.
- Added support for bluetooth keyboards.
- Added support for clicking sounds when you tap a button in the keypad (if you have that preference enabled in the iOS settings)
June 14, 2011
- Updated the Keypad interface:
- Added three customizable function buttons to the Keypad.
- Added a scrolling list for easy access to all the function buttons in the Keypad.
- Updated the button popping effect in both the function list and number/operator pad.
- Added support for Retina Displays and iOS 4.
- Added a new icon.
- Fixed a bug where dividing by zero would not generate an error.
- Fixed a bug where certain results would not display correctly when using the Limit Decimal Places number formatting, with the Add Zeroes To Show This Amount option deselected.
- Added rudimentary support for double tapping the equation to select text.
July 14, 2009
- Updated the application icon and keypad interface.
- Added support for viewing and typing binary, octal, and hexadecimal numbers:
- Added a function bar page with the binary, octal, and hexadecimal prefix shortcuts (0b, 0o, and 0x respectively).
- Added a number formatting setting to display numbers in binary, octal, or hexadecimal formatting.
- Added a function bar page for hyperbolic functions.
- Added an option in the equations panel to insert an equation, instead of duplicating it.
- Added ability to review answers too long to display by double tapping on the answer.
- Revised the keypad so the answer changes transparency to indicate the equation has changed since it was last calculated.
- Added and fixed a few other minor things:
- Added an alert if you've never used the app before to let you know the default angular units are radians.
- Revised the function bar so it now remembers which function page you were on between launches.
- Revised the app so it should launch slightly faster.
- Fixed a bug where changing the number formatting would show the autocached variable name in the keypad display.
March 29, 2009
- Divided the variable tab into constants, auto-defined variables, and defined variables.
- Added a preference for changing the "pi" button on the keypad to an "ans" button.
- Increased the speed in which the application launches.
- Added an option in the equations tab to insert either the equation or the result variable.
- Changed the way the ans variable works, so now typing "ans" acts like a shortcut to typing the variable the previous result was stored in.
- Fixed a bug where the cbrt() function didn't work.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong variable to be inserted when tapping a variable in the variable tab.
February 14, 2009
- Initial Release.
- Added ability to view equations with their associated answers inline.
- Incorporated the same calculation engine developed for the PEMDAS App.
- Incorporated the basic user interface based on the PEMDAS Dashboard Widget.